Changing school vs changing program: International student’s dilemma

jobs in Canada

There are many prospective students that spend hours trying to figure out the right program to apply to when coming to Canada. This is commonly considered to be one of the biggest dilemmas they have.

The truth is, despite how much time you put on your research, some time the program you enroll in ends up to not meet to your expectations. You might even find yourself with a changed mind about what you continue study.

Fortunately, if you are one of the many students that change their mind and needs and what to change your study program, there is a simple way to do that. You can either transfer or drop out. You can then find a new study program that you think works for you. Or you can decide to stop pursing further education. However, since you are an international student, doing so might be a little more complicated.

Two processes

You have to handle two processes in order to become an international student in Canada. First, you need to be accepted into a Canadian educational institution. After having the letter of acceptance, you are eligible to apply for a study permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Then, after you get a study permit, it is on the basis of your acceptance into a Canadian school. However, if you are currently studying in a post-secondary level, you can change your school, program or level of study without the need to apply for a new study permit.

After you are officially accepted into the preferred program, then, you just need to notify IRCC that you have changed schools. You can do that online through official resources.

Build your new life in Canada
Start Here

(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)