San Marino is now the latest country that has signed a bilateral agreement with Canada. According to this agreement all San Marino’s citizens can live and work in Canada under the International Experience Canada (IEC). On the other hand, all citizens under the age of 38 that have surpassed the age of 18 years old can also participate under the Working Holiday IEC category.
San Marino is a country surrounded by Italy and has a population of 33,000 citizens. All applicants who have participated in this program and have won the right to live and work in Canada should follow some specific rules. This means, they can only work for 12 months in a row. Also, they are not allowed to participate on this program more than two times.
Today, there exist 33 countries that have such an agreement with Canada. Many people working in Canada under this program stay longer, and sometimes permanently once they find themselves into a good job offer and a good life.
Here are the eligibility requirements for the IEC:
- Candidate must be a citizen of one of the 33 countries that have this agreement with Canada
- Have a valid passport for the duration of their stay in Canada
- The citizen must be between the ages of 18 and 30, or 35 depending on the applicant’s country.
- The applicant must be admissible in Canada
- He/she must be able to take out health insurance for their stay in Canada
- He/she must not be accompanied by dependents
- Must be able to pay the appropriate and necessary fees
- The applicant must have a prior departure and a round trip ticked or the necessary financial resources in order to purchase a departure ticked for the end of their stay in Canada.
Build your new life in Canada