Before arriving in Canada and start your new life, there are some preparations everyone should make. Long before you leave your home country, you need to make sure to collect all the following documents so your movement process can pass through no problems and difficulties with the state of Canada.
- Birth certificates for all members of your family
- School reports, college transcripts and transfer certificates.
- Marriage certificates, separation and divorce papers.
- School diplomas and degrees and/or trade or professional papers and certificates.
- Driver’s license
- Certified immunization records for all children under 16. These records are required in all school districts before children can be registered to attend school.
- Medical records including, test results, X-rays, known allergies etc.
- If you have a history of safe driving, you need to ask for a letter of reference or history from your insurance company attesting to your “no claim” status. This saves you money on future car insurance premiums.
- Dental records and optical prescriptions.
- Reference letters from companies for whom you have worked or even volunteered.
- List of goods to be imported in duplicate. You need to include full descriptions, serial numbers and models. For jewelry you might need to attach photographs of the items. If you have receipts for the more expensive items, attach them to the list.
- You also need to gather the phone numbers, addresses, emails and fax numbers of all your friends and relatives.
- It is also advisable to carry one copy of this list of documents with you and have a second copy into your luggage somewhere.
Build your new life in Canada