Express Entry (EE) is Canada’s immigration application system that lets you create and submit an online profile for immigrating as a skilled worker to Canada. Express Entry covers the Skilled Worker Program, the Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class. You may qualify for EE if you meet the eligibility criteria under these skilled workers immigration categories. Certain applicants for Ontario’s Provincial Nominee Program can also apply for immigration via EE.
Express Entry is a quicker way for skilled workers to immigrate to Canada. The system links interested candidates with employers in Canada and reduces the paperwork and other formalities involved in moving to Canada as a skilled immigrant. The process is managed entirely online, involving the federal and provincial government, besides Canadian employers.
How Express Entry works is outlined below:
- The candidate creates and submits an EE online profile, which enters into a pool of all candidates who have applied for immigration through EE
- A points system is used to rank your application against the applications of other candidates in the group
- The points your gain will be used to assess your candidacy for immigration via EE
- If the applicant get high score, he/she will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence as a skilled worker
- The application for permanent residence will then be processed within six months
Express Entry points are computed on the basis of your education level, English and/or French proficiency, skills, work experience, age, and your job offer in Canada. Furthermore, if you have a spouse, the system would also consider his/her education, experience, and language proficiency towards your EE points.
Applicants holding Canadian college or university degree, diploma, or certification, and those who have been nominated on a provincial level would get extra points.
Build your new life in Canada