How to go to Canada as a temporary foreign worker - Live In Canada
Home / Immigration / How to go to Canada as a temporary foreign worker

How to go to Canada as a temporary foreign worker

long haul truck driver

If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you need to have a work permit to work in Canada. In general, it is necessary to apply for a work permit from the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The Canadian visa office can also help you get this done before your arrival in Canada. Here is what you need for the work permits:

  • Before you apply, you need to get a job offer from a Canadian employer.
  • The person who is hiring you needs to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
  • ESDC will further decide whether the employer you want to work with can hire a foreigner for the job.

There are many unique work permits, depending on the kind of worker you are. You cannot use your work permit to settle permanently in Canada. People looking forward to coming to Canada as permanent residents for employment purposes should make sure that they qualify as skilled workers.

Foreign workers on a temporary basis can apply for a permanent residency under programs like the Canadian Experience Class, Provincial Nominee Program, and Live-in Caregiver Program.

Also, you can consider applying as a skilled worker. But there is no specific category defined for such skilled workers to get immigration as a temporary foreign worker.

Immigration to Canada can help you get more opportunities, boosting your careering and improving your quality of life. Being a skilled worker, you can get good salaries if you are an engineer, oilrig worker or belong to any other class of skilled worker.

Canada has a lot to offer to almost everybody so that they can live in a peaceful environment. Be sure, however, to use the service of an immigration expert when applying for immigration to Canada.

Build your new life in Canada

Start Here