What happens after applying for the Provincial Nominee Program

After applying for the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), the candidate will need to wait for the immigration authority to review the application. In the meanwhile, if there is something you want to change in your personal information, you must contact the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and let them know what changes you want.

You can request to withdraw your application and request changes to your family structure and relationship, immigration agent, and email or postal mail address. You can also request to withdraw your nomination or withdraw your application for the specific territory that has nominated you.

After submission of the application, you will get a letter that would detail out the guidelines for contacting the CIC in case you need to make changes to your application. The immigration authority will review your application and check if you have filled the application correctly, have paid the fees, and submitted all required supporting documents.

If you have provided misinformation or false information in your application, your application may be denied, you may be declared inadmissible, or you may be banned from applying for permanent residence for a maximum of 5 years. In order to avoid interruptions in processing your application, you must provide true and complete information in your application.

There are certain factors that may delay the processing of your application, such as security issues, requirements for additional background checks, incomplete divorce process, child custody problems etc. Also, if you have submitted a paper-based application, you will be required to submit medical exams and police certificates.

It is important that you must undergo a medical exam prior to entering Canada. If your family members are accompanying you, they too must undergo medical exams. The application of individuals with serious criminal background may be denied on security grounds. All applicants are required to get a police certificate from the area where they have lived for at least 6 months after the age of 18 years.

Build your new life in Canada

Start Here

(Visited 118 times, 1 visits today)