Canada has announced an extraordinary plan of immigration from 2018 to 2020. The government aims to bring in 980,000 permanent residents to Canada during these three years. Below are some facts about Canada Immigration Plan 2018-2020:
• Most of the new permanent residents will stay in Canada as economic immigrants.
• About 242,100 economic immigrants will arrive in Canada via the Express Entry program.
• Canada’s federal government will work to facilitate the provinces in accommodating about 183,800 new permanent residents under the PNPs between 2018 and 2020.
• The government also aims to facilitate 265,500 family members of the citizens and permanent residents of Canada to immigrate to Canada under the Family Class program.
• Canada will accommodate and settle about 137,350 refugees, besides about 12,250 people who are facing humanitarian problems. The country wants to maintain its status of being a haven for people facing humanitarian or other issues.
• In 2018, the government of Canada will take in 310,000 new permanent residents. In 2019 and 2020, it will welcome 330,000 and 340,000 new permanent residents respectively.
It is pertinent to mention here that the three-year-long program is revolutionary and a retreat from the earlier immigration plans that generally covered only 12-month periods. This plan is expected to facilitate stakeholders, such as employers and provincial authorities to make long-term plans.
It also shows that Canada sees immigrants as an essential part of the Canadian society and endorses their role in making Canada a great country. Experts see this plan as a grand scheme that will not only benefit Canadians but also allow the immigrants to make contributions to the country’s economy and make the Canadian economy a vibrant one.
This ambitious plan has been crafted because about five million people in Canada are going to retire in the next 18 years, which means fewer young people would be left behind to work and support the economy.
Build your new life in Canada