After you have completed your studies in Canada, there are many programs available for you to choose and continue staying and living there.
- You can continue your studies in Canada and go after a more advanced degree.
- Return home with a Canadian degree/diploma/certificate and aim for a job potion in your country
- Stay and get more work experience in Canada
Work in Canada after Graduation: Qualify for Canadian permanent residence
Gaining some necessary work experience after graduation can be the first step towards help[ing you become a permanent Canadian resident. All qualified students on a Canada study visa or Canada study permit can get Canadian permanent residence under many Federal or even Provincial immigration programs without having to leave Canada. Here are two of them:
Canadian Experience Class
Through this federal program all international students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution are allowed to get Canadian permanent residence while staying in Canada.
- He/she must be graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least 1 year of full-time skilled work experience located in Canada.
- Possess at least 12 months of continuous work experience in Canada
- Must submit an application while working in Canada – or – within 1 year after leaving Canada
- Must possess a valid language assessment
- Intend to reside outside the province of Quebec
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
This is a program which allows all international students who are already graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to receive nomination by a Canadian territory or province, Canadian permanent residence without leaving Canada.
- Intend to reside in the nominating province or territory
- Must directly submit an application to the territory that will assess the provincial nomination program PNP application
- Must submit a separate application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for Canadian permanent residence
- Should pass a medical examination
- Should pass a security and criminal background check
Build your new life in Canada