Work after Graduation through Canadian Experience class and PNP

Canada immigration group of young multi ethnic people holding banner

After you have completed your studies in Canada, there are many programs available for you to choose and continue staying and living there.

  • You can continue your studies in Canada and go after a more advanced degree.
  • Return home with a Canadian degree/diploma/certificate and aim for a job potion in your country
  • Stay and get more work experience in Canada

Work in Canada after Graduation: Qualify for Canadian permanent residence

Gaining some necessary work experience after graduation can be the first step towards help[ing you become a permanent Canadian resident. All qualified students on a Canada study visa or Canada study permit can get Canadian permanent residence under many Federal or even Provincial immigration programs without having to leave Canada. Here are two of them:

Canadian Experience Class

Through this federal program all international students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution are allowed to get Canadian permanent residence while staying in Canada.


  • He/she must be graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least 1 year of full-time skilled work experience located in Canada.
  • Possess at least 12 months of continuous work experience in Canada
  • Must submit an application while working in Canada – or – within 1 year after leaving Canada
  • Must possess a valid language assessment
  • Intend to reside outside the province of Quebec

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

This is a program which allows all international students who are already graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to receive nomination by a Canadian territory or province, Canadian permanent residence without leaving Canada.


  • Intend to reside in the nominating province or territory
  • Must directly submit an application to the territory that will assess the provincial nomination program PNP application
  • Must submit a separate application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for Canadian permanent residence
  • Should pass a medical examination
  • Should pass a security and criminal background check

Build your new life in Canada
Start Here

(Visited 91 times, 1 visits today)